From Associated Press:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Days before he was fired by Donald Trump, FBI Director James Comey requested more resources to pursue his investigation into Russia’s election meddling and the possible involvement of Trump associates, U.S. officials say, fueling concerns that Trump was trying to undermine a probe that could threaten his presidency.
It was unclear whether word of the Comey request, put to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, ever made its way to Trump. But the revelation intensified the pressure on the White House from both political parties to explain the motives behind Comey’s stunning ouster.
- Trump Wanted To Preview Comey Testimony
- Report: Trump Asked Comey To End Flynn Investigation
- Jumping The Gun: Democrats Beginning To Call For Impeachment
- Trump Threatens Comey; Are There Tapes
- Trump Fires Back At Clinton
- Is The White House Safe?
- Trump Blasts Democrats Over ‘Fake’ News
- Republicans Edging Away From Trump?
- Trump Appointments
- Trump Returns To His Faithful
- Trump Defends Firing
- Fox News Poll: Most Do Not Want ‘Obamacare’ Dismissed