From the Los Angeles Times:
Over the past week, President Donald Trump gave up on pushing Congress to include the billions needed for the wall in the spending plan that lawmakers expect to pass this week.
There is little sign that Mexico will be compelled to pay for it, as Trump has so often vowed. And administration allies are increasingly trying to redefine “the wall” as something other than what Trump described in the campaign.
The wall may be the perfect metaphor for Trump’s administration so far: It remains a White House priority.
Trump’s harsh rhetoric about it has probably helped stem the flow of illegal border crossings, stirring widespread fear in immigrant communities.
But the physical wall itself remains very much in doubt, in part because members of Trump’s party seem unwilling to pay for it and members of his administration do not think it is completely necessary.
[Return to www.spiritdaily.com]
[Retreat in Toronto May 20, 2017. Click here to register]
[New Jersey Retreat June 24, 2017]
Pray always for purity and love
- The Dramatic Countdown: Trump Pushes For Wall
- Trump Backing Away From Wall?
- Will Conservatives Defy Trump?
- Trump Returns To His Faithful
- Will He Build A Wall?
- Mexico Threatens Retaliation
- Trump Wanted To Preview Comey Testimony
- Trump Calls It A ‘Witch Hunt’
- Is The White House Safe?
- Trump Set To Issue New Immigration Order
- Muslims Now ‘Afraid’?
- Trump Sabotaged By Insiders?